Hood River 2023
June 22 - June 25$1900
The Aspen Family Business Group Presents
2023 Family Business Program
A Multi-family Gathering June 22-25th in Hood River, OR
Join us in Oregon for a multi-family gathering. Building on the success of our 2022 program in Telluride, the Aspen Family Business Group is once again hosting a multi-family gathering. This June we will explore:
- The implications of change and economic uncertainty for us as individuals, families, business, and members of the rising generation• Practical tools for staying aligned with values and purpose through high level communication.
- Developing strategies for converting business threats into opportunities for growth
- Understanding how best practices support our journey.
- Learning what other business owning families and expert advisors think about the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
- Action steps for making the most of our future together.
When: June 22-25th (With optional pre-conference day for June 21st)
Where: Hood River Inn, 1108 East Marina Way, Hood River, OR 97031
Other: If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
In addition to the family program, we are offering a pre-conference day specially designed for men in Family Business (more on this in the pre-conference program description).
Wednesday, June 21st: Pre-conference day
Thursday, June 22nd: MAKING CONNECTION
Program begins at The Hood River Inn, Hood River, OR
Overview, introductions, best anticipated outcomes, ground rules.
Optimizing life, family, and business aligned with shared values and purpose during economic uncertainty.
Getting to know ourselves and others – introduction to the Hogan Personality Assessment Values and Drivers.
Included Dinner at the Hood River Inn
Friday, June 23rd: SETTING SHARED CONTEXT & TOOLKITS
9:00am (full day)
High level communication and understanding our current times.
- Communication skills: The importance of high-level communication for our future
- Economic Uncertainty: Potential Perils & Impacts on Individuals, Families and Business
- Best practices for Business Owning Families
- Family group exercises Perils and Strengths (using our Hogan Values/Drivers information)
- Toolkits to turn Threats into Opportunities
- Full group debriefs
- Included Breakfast & Dinner at the Hood River Inn
Saturday, June 24th: APPLYING TOOLS TO OPTIMIZE OUR FUTURE
9:00am (full day)
Strategies for success in the current economic environment.
- Participant families share their stories.
- Creating and Updating your Vision & Personal Statement of Purpose
- Breakouts to Discuss Vision & Personal Statement of Purpose with others.
- Applying Toolkits to make your Vision happen: (Focus on converting Threats to Opportunities)
- Included Breakfast at the Hood River Inn (Lunch and Dinner on your own to plan)
Sunday, June 25th: ACTION PLANNING
9:00 AM (half day)
Setting a course for the future.
- Based on our work this weekend, what will I do to drive this forward (for myself, my family, and my family enterprise?)
- Writing your action plan (1-week, this quarter, this year, 3-year)
- Debrief with the group.
- Appreciation Exercises
- Included Breakfast at the Hood River Inn
Pre-conference June 21
In response to the requests of numerous attendees of the Women in Family Business programs conducted by Leslie Dashew, we are offering a pre-conference session for men.
It has been said that the skills of navigation for a boatsmen are not unlike the skills needed to navigate a meaningful and purpose-driven life. The session will include “living the river metaphor” with a white-water rafting trip on the White Salmon (or Deschutes) with discussion points built into the day about the issues, challenges, and hopes facing both fathers and sons in family business.
Cost for the pre-conference day is $425 per person which includes a half-day rafting trip, transportation from the Hood River Inn, and lunch.
To reserve your spot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Dashew is known to most of you for the Women in Family Business Program. She has been working with business-owning families for close to 40 years and has published 4 books related to this topic. Leslie is the managing partner of the Aspen Family Business Group, LLC and the president of the Human Side of Enterprise, LLC.
Joyce Hrinya joined the Aspen Family Business Group in 2022 were she leads transformational strategy and process-improvement consulting. Over the last 13 years, she brings diverse senior leadership experience to mid-sized family-owned companies. “Not her first rodeo,” Joyce has served as CEO for famous Brands International, a portfolio company of Z Capital Partners, LLC. Prior to joining the AFBG, Joyce spent twenty years in General Management, Operations, Marketing and Business Development roles at Coach, Champion, Playtex, Liz Claiborne, Danskin & Helzberg Diamonds. Joyce is highly dedicated to assisting clients in solving transformational strategic issues and improving their processes and competitive positioning to achieve owner goals, inclusive of growth, mergers/acquisitions, and divestiture.
Donnel Nunes, PhD has been a member of the Aspen Family Business Group since 2017. He is an educational psychologist and behavior specialist who brings more than 20 years of experience to his work with families in business. Donnel helps families in business to build the capacity to manage conflict, heal the past, and renew the potential for the future. He supports his clients through strengthening communication, developing leaders, and implementing organizational systems that promote professionalized management and accountability for family businesses. Since 2018, he has been a facilitator for Classic Leadership Institute and Oregon based leadership development program. He is a world-renowned expert on the topic of mentoring between family members.
Aspen Family Business Retreat: Hood River, OR
June 22-25, 2023
Program Cost: $1,900 per person payable to Aspen Family Business Group, LLC (lodging is separate)
Please contact us and provide the following information to register.
- Telephone Numbers (day/evening): Email:
- Name for workshop badge:
- I would like to attend the pre-conference program on June 21st: Yes / No
The pre-conference program is an event for men only and is an additional $425/per person. For more information or any questions about the program contact Donnel Nunes at 808-554-6509 or email@example.com. You may cancel up to March 31st with no fee. After March 31st there will be a $150 fee.
Program Registration fee: $1,900/per person. You may cancel up to March 31 with no fee. After March 31st there will be a $500 fee.
Payment Option 1: Please complete the registration form and mail payment to: Aspen Family Business Group, LLC, 21839 N 98th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Payment Option 2: Please email the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org and call her at 480-419-4243 with credit card information.
Room Reservation: Rooms must be reserved by 05/23/2023. Please contact the Hood River Inn reservations at 1-800-828-7873 and identify yourself as part of the Aspen Family Business Retreat. Or you can book online using this link: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.38121.html?groupId=G75TP5Q3n once on the site use the following event code: G75TP5Q3